10 dates, February – December 2021 – Meditate with us at home!
Meditate with us!
Join our DAILY meditation practice to strengthen your resilience: Deepening mindfulness and awareness.
Deepening mindfulness and awareness during challenging times
Make mindfulness the new normal!
When mindfulness becomes a part of our daily routine, the benefits show up throughout our day – we feel more balanced, focussed, connected, and cheerful. However, this is not always easy –there are many reasons why we don’t manage to setup a regular routine.
In this series we will practice together daily establishing a sustainable routine, and learning about how our minds function. In particular we will look at aspects of mind such as mindfulness, awareness, introspective and interoceptive awareness – and how to cultivate these as the new normal for our life. We will look at the typical pitfalls of why we struggle with our practice and how to overcome.
The series will include daily practices for cultivating grounded awareness – something that seems ever more important in this virtual and changing time.
ConnectedMinds – Monday to Friday
- Daily meditation
- 8.30 – 9.00 am (CEST) / 7.30 – 8.00 am (BST)
- Zoom meeting: https://awaris.zoom.us/j/83363551203?pwd=K1BnRWxUN3N4a1lSWUR5U3IybC80dz09
- Language: English
We also offer our daily meditation practice sessions in German language. For German click here.
- Free of charge
- Needed: Internet, Zoom app or web browser, loudspeaker / microphone, camera (optional), calm space, no distractions
- Welcome: For all who want to have a refreshing start to their working day. No previous experience necessary.
- Regularity: We encourage you to attend daily, but you are also welcome to join whenever it feels right. The zoom link will be active for a five minute window until the start time.
The series will contain:
- Daily insights on different aspects of the functioning of attention and awareness.
- A four-week structured training in establishing a stable and deep mindfulness practice with specific practices for strengthening attention and widening awareness.
- A chance to connect to others who are also working on this.
Dates and monthly topics
- September 6 – October 1, 2021 – Mindfulness at work – Wibo Koole
- October 4 – 29, 2021 – Resilience – Sophie Maclaren
- November 1 – December 3, 2021 – Courage and compassion – Sophie Maclaren
Topics of the previous months:
- February – Building Resilience
- March – Compassion and Courage
- April – Cultivating inner Qualities
- May – Body Breath and Emotions
- June – Balancing Attention and Awareness
We look forward to this journey and practice time together.
Article published by BCG & awaris – by Christian Greiser, Jan-Philipp Martini, Liane Stephan, and Chris Tamdjidi
How can a company ensure that its collective intelligence is greater than the sum of its parts? Many companies recognize that collective intelligence—the capability of a group of people to solve complex problems—is an important source of competitive advantage. Collective intelligence depends on integrating team members’ diversity, in terms of cognitive styles and world views. All team members must feel emotionally safe to share opin- ions and ideas and, in turn, be receptive to their colleagues’ viewpoints. But creating a culture of tolerance and acceptance is quite a challenge.
Read the Article by BCG and awaris:
Many organisations have done a lot to help teams function well. Most of this has been around the WHAT– roles, processes, tasks, tools. This has lead to many organisations having team competence. Nonetheless, eve- ryone still experiences many dysfunctional teams. Most of the problem now is in the HOW – how teams inter- act with each other on a human level.
While many acknowledge the dysfunction, they are blind to their own role in this – how constant distraction, interruptions, lack of presence lead to a team atmosphere that lacks emotional safety and engagement. Mind- fulness in teams can profoundly shift this – simply through noticing and acknowledging this deep level of humanity that exists in our interactions and affects outcomes.
Addressing this with simple rituals and habits leads to a pronounced shift in the collective intelligence of teams.
Awareness is the ability to directly know and perceive, to feel, or to be cognizant of events. More broadly, it is the state of being conscious of something.
- Virtual Home RetreatsSeptember 9, 2021 - 8:00 AM
- Meditation Daily – ConnectedMindsAugust 29, 2021 - 12:00 PM
- Study ”The Potential of Mindfulness in Financial Services”November 9, 2020 - 8:08 PM
- Whitepaper ”Mindfulness and Behavioural Change”July 13, 2020 - 1:51 PM
- Whitepaper ”The Realism of Mindfulness”June 23, 2020 - 4:00 PM